Friday, March 14, 2008

Savs the Patch Dancer

















by Jill Officer

WINNIPEG – Here’s a photo I snapped of fun-lovin’ Ontario lead Craig Savill. Tonight he and his defending champs are smiling, as they eliminated red-hot B.C. and skip Bob Ursel 9-7 and are into tomorrow’s Brier semifinal.

Savill might not be smiling so broadly, should he happen to come across this blogpost. Read on – you won’t believe your curling eyes.

The first reveal came from today’s Tankard Times, the “daily blat” produced at the Brier here in the ’Peg.

Our trusty Getting to know feature spotlights the two event favourites this week, Ontario and Alberta.

Ontario third man Richard Hart tells us that “Craig is known to wear women’s underwear.”

And I, Jill Officer, can even confirm this one.

For anyone who was in the Patch at the Continental Cup in Medicine Hat or the Canada Cup in Kamloops, you will also be able to confirm this.

Ontario lead Savill is known for a little something that goes on after hours. Stu Brown, the emcee extraordinaire of the various curling Patch parties, borrows a woman’s bra for Savill to sport while he puts on show… a sexy little dance, to be exact.

Now, Savs might be a little perturbed that not only did his teammate sell him out, but I have now sold him out online. Truth is, I owed him one anyway for yelling out during a Canada Cup presentation this year; Savs asked in front of a hundred people if I still had “pee on my hands” because I had made that comment to some media folk after a doping test after we won the Scotties. Let’s just call it even, huh pal?

Oh. My. Goodness.

I had sent editor gk a sample of this here blog as it was being constructed, and he just messaged (from Finland!) that he actually has a photo of Craig Savill doing his Patch dance... dressed in a women’s undergarment.

No. Freaking. Way.

I have now begged him for this foto, but I have yet to see anything on my screen... or on this here blog, for that matter.

As I’ve mentioned in previous postings this week, Alberta second Marc Kennedy has had an outstanding week shooting above 90 percent in 8 out of the 11 games played thus far. Kennedy has actually set a record for the highest average percentage for a second – ever! His average this week was 93 per cent, and that just nudges out the record held by both Ontario’s Ian Tetley (2001) and Quebec’s Eric Sylvain (2000). No wonder Alberta went undefeated! It’s all about the seconds, you know. :)

Still no photo from Finland. Will he or won’t he? That is the question!

No comments: